Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Birth of "The Boys Are Stupid"

Hello World!

Welcome to the first “The Boys Are Stupid” blog post. First, I would like to start off by saying that this blog / social community is in no way intended to offend, degrade or promote hatred toward any gender or race. Should this blog or the phrase offend you, please except our apology in advance. The coined phrase “The Boys Are Stupid” is used as a phrase of endearment.

We know all boys are not stupid however there are many that are. The boys we refer to are individuals who should, by biological standards, be mature however; they still act like little boys. This site is not to merely dwell on their flaws but to provide a study of sorts that digs deeper into why they are stupid, in hopes to find a cure or at least allow the people that interact with them insight on how to deal with “stupid boys” accordingly.

So, for all of you who are wondering how this whole thing started, here goes. It all started Monday afternoon while I was on my lunch break. I was sitting in my car talking on my cell to best friend. I was telling her about this guy, whose calls I hadn’t answered over the past two days. I began to explain to her why I wasn’t accepting his calls, which was basically because I wanted to give him a dose of his own medicine to see how he would respond. As I was explaining to her the situation and how I was disappointed in his immature behavior, she responded to me well “Boys are Stupid”. At that moment, the phrase hit me like a lightening bolt. That oh so simple phrase sounded so profound.

I mean, I knew there were stupid boys in the world; men that should be acting like adults but never grew up and were stuck in pubescent behavior. And I tried through out my life to avoid them with my zero tolerance stance towards stupid boys. Despite my efforts one would sneak into my life every now then and I would have the unpleasant job of dealing with them accordingly. I mean come on, you can’t avoid them all…at some point in your life you will encounter a stupid boy. Whether he is a boyfriend, boss, co-worker, president, or brother…you will encounter at least one through out your life time. And some encounters can affect your life forever.

It wasn’t until my conversation Monday afternoon, with my best friend, that I realized that some boys just can’t help being stupid. They are just stupid and in some cases they genuinely need our help. In regard to the word stupid used in the phrase “The Boys Are Stupid” we simple use the definition provided by Webster.

Stupid - given to unintelligent decisions or acts: acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c: lacking intelligence or reason
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stupid

We can combat stupidity by learning how to deal with stupid boys accordingly and hopefully this site will serve as a weapon on the war against stupidity, one stupid boy at a time. Please note that we LOVE boys and men and we realize that we NEED them and only want to see them reach their full potential.

So let’s get this blog started share an experience that you encountered with a “Stupid Boy”. Please do not go so far as to expose their name, location or anything that would reveal who they are. Tell us what happened and how you dealt with it or let us know if you want advice or want to know how others successfully dealt with the same situation. There is nothing new under the sun.

~ Love B.R.S.

7 comments:

  1. At first when I saw the title I thought this was a male bashing blog by some feminist. After reading the first post I found it humorously genius. I look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your blog remains gender-neutral. Why don't you change your title to "Some" boys are stupid. That might take care of the blanket statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I'll be tuning in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of your shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very interesting blog. I like it. ^^

    Just want to share this one.
    Here's an experience with a stupid guy last year:
    I had a phone call from a I-don't-who-guy. He readily asked for my mobile number and shot me series of queries (creases started to form on my forehead) but I was clueless who he was so I asked for his identity and how on earth he got my home number. He gave his name and explained that he got the number from his cousin's year book from across the country who happens to attend the same school I was in. After that he asked if he could court me right away. Ha! That was fast. What on earth was that? Do guys really think they could get girls at lightning speed? I was pissed. >_<
    Well, I just told him "no". His follow up query, "Why?", I answered I already have someone I like and wished him a nice day then finally hanged up. Whew!

    What do you think?^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.K Howlsipher...I think this guy is way beyond a "Stupid Boy" he is classified as "Krazy"...yes Crazy with a capital K. I can see why you would be pissed. Although the call may have lasted a minute or two, what a waste of your precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog will ring close to my heart because my favorite saying is "Boys are Dumb."

    I will be a faithful reader.

    L*

    ReplyDelete